"Staging" your home is all about making the space in your home as
appealing as possible to buyers. You may already know the basics, such as
eliminating clutter. Here are some other tips that are less well known yet
• Chandeliers. Surprisingly, these are one of the simplest ways to
make a foyer, dining room or living room dramatically more eyecatching.
You can buy a good-looking chandelier for a few hundred
• New linen. This is something many home sellers don't consider, but
should. Replace any worn linen – sheets, coverings, towels, and
even oven mitts with new ones. Believe it or not, new linen makes a
big impression on buyers.
• Pedestal sinks. It may not be practical for you to replace a bathroom
sink. However, if you are doing a renovation, keep in mind that
pedestal sinks – especially in small washrooms – are a big hit with
• New appliances. A brand new fridge, stove and dishwasher are
motivating selling features to buyers. That's because new appliances
make the whole kitchen look brand new.
• Avoid multi-use rooms. Have a spare bedroom that doubles as a
home office? That's a turnoff to buyers. Whenever possible, stage
each room so that it has a singular purpose. A guest bedroom, for
example, should be only that.
Want more tips on how to stage your home so that it attracts buyers? Call